Friday, February 25, 2011

Star Wars Cookies: I'm One Cool Sister

My brother’s birthday is today. Happy birthday, Doug!

Since he’s a big Star Wars fan, I bought him BOTH sets of the recently-released Williams Sonoma Star Wars cookie cutters.

Am I or am I not the best sister ever? But a really, really great sister would make cookies with those cookie cutters, too.

I’m a really, really great sister.

For the Darth Vader Cookies, I made Brownie Roll-Out Cookies.

I again used Gail’s “Between the Sheets” method to roll unchilled dough and subsequently freeze it. I cut out the cookies, and then kept the frozen until JUST before baking at 350° F for 15 minutes.

But why? To keep the shape of Vader’s beautiful face.

The other thing I did that I believe was important to my ultimate success in this project was humming the Imperial March during the entire process.

What? I live by myself. I have to take advantage of the perks.

Now onto the storm trooper cookies.

Since storm troopers are white, I needed a suitable white cookie. A non-chocolate cookie. I settled on Julie’s recipe for Maple Sugar Cookies.

I followed the same process as with the Vader cookies – keeping the cookies frozen until just before I put them in the oven.

Is that a formidable looking group or what?

The cookies have successfully arrived at my brother’s place in Cincinnati, and I trust that some of them have successfully been eaten.

Have you seen the Star Wars cookie cutters? Do you think you'll get them?

No comments:

Post a Comment