Sunday, September 18, 2011

Cacao: White Chocolate Medalions

Even though the milk chocolate medallions from Cacao were disappointing, I went ahead and evaluated the white chocolate medallions from Cacao as well. I tried to be hopeful about these, but groaned a bit when I saw that walnuts sat aside the pistachios and raisins.

We all know how I feel about walnuts. Fortunately, these walnuts were nicely toasted and crunchy, which added some nice texture contrast to the once again soggy pistachio and soft raisin.

The raisin was again juicy and flavorful, but was a bit too sweet against the white chocolate, which itself was disappointing with its gritty texture. The overall flavor was one of slightly rancid nuts and artificial cream. Not what I want out of chocolate, even if it is just a short walk from my place.

Have you ever had gritty white chocolate?

No comments:

Post a Comment