Monday, June 21, 2010

Gratitude

I am having the best time watching a robin family that built a nest under my deck.  My friend David Lindquist is an avid birdwatcher and he's been asking for pictures.  So here are a few I shot this morning.  Pretty good considering I was in my office, way back from the window:



There are two babies in the nest - but one is the totally dominant pain in the behiney:



I think Mom or Dad has had just about enough:



Here's the family:



Pretty amazing, huh?  We take so much that goes on around us for granted.  Try not to do that this summer.  Take some time to appreciate all the beauty around us.  Life is resilient, but also fragile.  (Think oil spill.)

I'm just thankful I'm getting to see these little guys.  I find myself keeping an eye out for predators and hoping one of the numskulls doesn't fall out of the nest.  Nature's always putting on a show for us - are you watching?

No comments:

Post a Comment