Saturday, June 27, 2009

Peanut Butter Cups - YAY!!!!

I'm going on a peanut butter roll, gang, so hang on!! The new Reese's Dark is out in stores now, so if you are a fan of dark chocolate, you'll want to grab one. But you know me, I have to compare to really know how I feel about a new candy. So here we go!!




OMG - we are the world! Can you say peanut butter cup diversity???



Above is a autopsy photo of the new Reese's Dark with a mysterious fingerprint clearly captured. I think it will be easy to catch the murderer.
While it's not bad, I don't like it as much as the original Reese's.







Reese's Crunchy (below) is good, but again, I prefer the original.



White Reese's is just too sweet. I also have a random brand I found in Mast General Store - the miniature pictured here. The white chocolate was waxier than the Reese's white chocolate. But I like the white chocolate better as a miniature. In VERY small doses this combo works.







Boyer makes these butterscotch peanut butter cups (this one came from Candy Expo - it got a bit crushed in transit - so forgive its appearance). I'm on the fence with these - they are good, but I'd rather have the Reese's original. These are a little too sweet - not as sweet as white chocolate, but sweeter than milk chocolate. They don't taste really like butterscotch to me, but are worth trying because they're different.


Boyer http://www.boyercandies.com/history.html is another one of those good old American candy companies, and I like to help the little guys!! And who the heck even KNEW there was a butterscotch peanut butter cup?







You know I LOVE the Big Cup!! Even better than the original - because there is more peanut butter!! (Like the peanut butter egg - or Christmas tree or Valentine's Day heart - the more Reese's peanut butter the better!)





THAT's the way peanut butter cups should be!! Yahoo!!

I also tried this peanut butter and almond cup by Colts:






Eh - not so great. The chocolate was too thick and the peanut butter wasn't creamy enough. But the inventor has her picture on the wrapper - wheee! Apparently she was a "Hee Haw Honey." This must be an old picture - that show was popular when I was a kid and that was a LONG time ago.



So what does it all mean?


Variety is the spice of life! I am so glad we have all these different peanut butter cups to choose from.


Sometimes new and different isn't better.


Live now or you might regret it. (I really wish I had tried that peanut better and banana creme Reese's cup Hershey made in July of 2007 - thirty years after Elvis' death.) I missed it and now I'll never be able to try it. Sometimes opportunity only knocks once.


And you gotta love this "wrapper":




Don't be sad, there are Reese's cups in the world. This might be the best motivational message ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment