Sunday, November 6, 2011

Chocolate Gingerbread: Crisco 1919

I know you'll like this recipe for "Chocolate Gingerbread" from Crisco in 1919. I grew up with Crisco, and I still use it in many recipes. Crisco was introduced by Procter & Gamble in 1911 to provide an economical alternative to animal fats and butter. Crisco was the first solidified shortening product made entirely of vegetable oil. This was the result of hydrogenation, a new process that produced shortening that would stay in solid form year-round, regardless of temperature.

I love that the Crisco Cookbook in this Advertisement was only 25 cents! Want to use butter in your Chocolate Gingerbread instead? Check out this recipe for Chocolate Gingerbread Cake that I posted last June.  This is Gingerbread season. Get Baking!



No comments:

Post a Comment