Monday, August 22, 2011

San Francisco: Another Business Trip, Another Chocolate Crawl

I swear I actually stay home every so often. Really. Just not last week. Even before going off to the Healthy Living Summit, I was away from DC. In this case, for work.

Fortunately, in San Francisco, where chocolate-enjoyment opportunities abound. For example, you can drag six of your colleagues to a tour of TCHO’s factory.

Don’t let engineers fool you. They eat this stuff up (Literally. There were samples).

You can then drag some of them off to the Ferry Building, where several chocolate shops line the center aisle.

I was most excited to stumble upon Recchiuti’s shop.

Oh yes. His Chocolate Obsession cookbook, which I adore and hold in high reverence, was even on display.

Just a few shops down, Sharffen Berger, the folks who make the 70% cacao bittersweet chocolate that I use in almost all my recipes, drew us into their shop.

I was excited to find the Vietnamese-origin Ben Tre bar, which I’d reviewed but had been unable to find back east.

I may have picked a few up. It happens.

We got even more adventurous, and headed over to Fog City News, which has a famed chocolate collection.

They may have Amedei and Cluizel and the like, but they don’t allow photos in their shop. Really? A newsstand? OK then. I’ll forgive you because you have such a great collection of bars.

I picked up a little (or perhaps a lot) of everything at each shop. Reviews will come up…when I feel like it. A recap of the TCHO tour…also when I feel like it.

First, I have to go through the stack of mail at home. I think it dates back to some time in June.

Have you been to San Francisco? Did you get any chocolate there?

No comments:

Post a Comment