Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Boston: The City Where I Ate All the Chocolate

Sometimes, when I chat with friends in the evening, they’ll ask me where on earth I am THIS week. The hazards of frequent business travel, as it were.

The upside? Visiting this fine city and trolling for chocolate.

A couple of days in Boston last week gave me a chance to briefly scope out a few chocolate hot spots. And walk past scenes like this.
Um, what? Why? Well, because that’s a block away from Taza Chocolate.

Though I’d been to Taza during my fall visit to Boston, they had new products available, including orange, ginger, and chipotle Mexicano Discs.

I picked up some orange and ginger discs, as well as a new 87% cacao plain chocolate bar.

While Taza is over in Somerville, MA, the city of Boston itself has several chocolate gems, including a Teuscher storefront that holds a dear place in my heart as one of the first places I experienced higher-end chocolate.

The Swiss flag out front alerts passers-by to the fine Swiss chocolate available for purchase inside. I was a bit disappointed to see that there were no praline or truffle flavors I hadn’t yet tried, but picked up a few of my favorites anyway.

A quick walk down Newbury Street lead me to this British-themed scene outside of Hotel Chocolat.

As this is the only Hotel Chocolat shop on U.S. soil, I had to load up.

Right.

Surely that’s all the chocolate I got up in Boston.

Ha.

No. I met up with Candice and Jaryn at Max Brenner’s, a restaurant famed for its chocolate creations.

More on all of this to come later. I have to go sort my chocolate collection.

Which city is your favorite for chocolate shopping?

No comments:

Post a Comment