Sunday, July 31, 2011

I'm a Winner: Look at These Blondies

I’m a winner!

What did I win? Some of Rachel’s Butterscotch Blondies with Salted Chocolate Glaze in an auction that Lauren hosted to benefit Steve’s efforts to raise money for cancer research.

Alright, so maybe all I had to do was offer to spend a lot of money for some blondies. But I still won. And had this package waiting for me at home.

Cute, isn’t it? Almost as cute as what was inside.

These bars feature well-distributed butterscotch chips , white chocolate chips, and nicely chopped nuts. And fudge-like chocolate glaze atop it, which offers a nice split of chocolate, sugar, and cream, makes them even more decadent. But what about the bars themselves?

Perfect. A hint of saltiness, a caramel flavor throughout, and a dense, chewy texture that gives way to a pleasant dissolving characteristic at the very end. The components of the bar blend together perfectly, and they were worth every penny I paid for them in the auction.

Rachel, do you have plans to open a bakery? I think it would be a great service to the world. You already have packaging.

Have you ever won baked goods in an auction? Were they delicious?

No comments:

Post a Comment