Saturday, August 15, 2009

Murder, Mayhem, Mad Men (and Frosting!)

I'm traveling this week - down in Georgia doing some speaking - yay!! Since I'm in a hotel room for a few days, I'm trying to get caught up on my reading. Last time I was in my beloved Barnes & Noble I picked up the August 10 & 17 issue of Newsweek solely because the issue was about true crime.

I love true crime. I love good mysteries. I'm all about murder, mayhem, and the crazy things humans do. What can I say? We all have our vices. I consider the detectives on Law and Order close personal friends. And don't get me started on CSI. If Dominick Dunne were younger and ditched those glasses, I might want to go out with him.

Well, that's why I happened to have this issue of Newsweek.

And what I found of interest to us was at the bottom of one of the pages. There were three boxes - love it, hate it, and debate it. In the love it box was the blood orange. I have yet to try a blood orange, but I would like to. I think I would like it. In the debate it box, was bacon everything - bacon chocolate (as we've discussed), bacon mayonnaise, bacon cake and bacon lollipops. GLACCK! This would go in the hate it box if I were working at Newsweek. I do not want bacon cake, I don't want bacon lollipops, and isn't mayonnaise horrifying enough without adding bacon? I'm sorry - GROSS! Forget the health ramifications, I just don't want meat in my candy! It totally creeps me out.

But here's the most disturbing thing - they put in the hate it box - frosting shots! These are like Jello Shooters but with frosting and no alcohol! I say - hell yes!!! YUM!!! I would love that! Where have I been? Where do they serve these? I think this is great!! I wish I had a frosting shot right now!

Snoozeweek can't even decide about bacon mayonnaise, but they dis frosting shots. Losers.

Noteworthy thoughts:

I was in Dillards on Friday and their seasonal Godiva chocolate was half price! Go check!! Any chocolate at half price is good chocolate in my book!

Sunday night on AMC - the new season of Mad Men starts!! I love Mad Men - if you haven't seen it - check it out. If you're a fan - don't forget to watch!! There's so much bad TV, this is great TV. So get out the frosting, do some shots, and have a great Sunday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment