Friday, November 19, 2010

More Fun in the Mail: Scharffen Berger Gift via The Peche

Do people frequently send you chocolate in the mail? No? Well, you should try starting a blog about chocolate. Because since Labor Day, I’ve gotten fudge from Kansas City, stone ground chocolate from Nashville, and samples from Ritter Sport.

And then today, when I went to pick up a package of swim caps for the team I coach from the front desk of my building, I found that I had yet another package.

Inside was a letter. Apparently, the folks over at The Peche thinks that I’m interested in the Scharffen Berger Adventure contest.

Maybe they think that because I told them about my detailed project plan for test recipes. And look, Scharffen Berger has a nice card with inspiration recipe that involves multiple adventure ingredients.

And underneath those inspirational cards about the contest, there was more.

Yes more.


The goods:

  • A 3 ounce bar of 41% cocoa milk chocolate
  • A 3 ounce bar of 72% cocoa Bentre, which is a limited edition chocolate maker’s series bar
  • A 9.7 ounce block of unsweetened chocolate (which I love to use in pumpkin spice brownies)
  • ¼ gram of select Persian saffron threads (!), which is one of the adventure ingredients
  • 1.19 oz of Artisana coconut butter, another adventure ingredient
  • And fancy Scharffen Berger baking cups

Oh, this is going to be fun. And just in time for the weekend. My life is about to get way better.

No comments:

Post a Comment