Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Chocolate in Boston: JP Licks Frozen Yogurt

One institution known to college students throughout Boston is JP Licks, which serves up delicious ice cream and frozen yogurt.

True story: For the first three years I lived there, I only ate the frozen yogurt and didn’t realize they also had hard-packed ice cream. My excuses are that first, the ice cream is hidden behind a tiled counter while the soft serve frozen yogurt dispensers were prominently on display, and that second, everybody I went with always got frozen yogurt. They always have eight flavors anyway, no need to stray. On this visit, I got some nutrasweet-sweetened fat free chocolate frozen yogurt.

Although I remember a smooth, fluffy frozen yogurt, this particular batch was just a tad icy. Fortunately, there was a strong chocolate flavor, with a note of creaminess to compliment it, that wasn’t overwhelmed by sweetness. At 15 calories an ounce, it’s still a wonderful treat that you can burn off on the walk to and from the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment